DURING THE PRE-CONSTRUCTION PHASE:
- Educate the owner on the construction process so that decisions can be made in a timely manner, allowing resources to be used efficiently.
- Assist the owner in discussions and design decisions with the Architect/Engineer in the development of the drawings and specifications.
- Assist the owner in defining any areas that may require an allowance or contingency money to be budgeted.
- Provide input regarding bonding and insurance requirements.
- Review, with the owner and design team, all bids and if necessary, conduct interviews with contractors to clarify their understanding of their scope of work.
- Provide input and make recommendations for the awarding of contracts to contractors.
- Review contracts with owner prior to owner’s endorsement.
- Conduct an executive partnering meeting with the owner and the design team. This will set the foundation of the team environment for the duration of the project.
Pre-Design/Program of Requirements (POR) Phase
- Development of design phase schedule.
- Partnering / team building.
- Review overall master plan.
- Coordinate Local Funded Initiative (LFI) needs (if applicable).
- Assist in bond campaign.
Design Phase: Schematic Design (SD), Design Development (DD), Construction Documents (CD)
- Develop responsibility list between the owner, CM & A/E.
- Design manual compliance.
- Attend design review meetings.
- Develop project schedule.
- Develop project construction estimate at each design sub-phase.
- Develop cash flow analysis.
- Value-engineering & constructability review.
- Coordination of contract documents.
- Long-lead item review.
- Analyze special safety needs.
- Analyze local bid market.
- Develop interest in bid market.
- Assist A/E in obtaining permits.
- Bid management.
- Manage pre-bid meetings.
- Conduct bid analysis.
- EEO review.
- Manage post-bid interviews.