DURING CONSTRUCTION PHASE:
- Be the focal point for the prime contractors on all issues throughout the construction phase.
- Review all contractor value-engineering ideas and offer recommendations to the owner/design team.
- Ensure that the prime contractors have determined any long lead items that may hinder the overall project schedule and has taken steps to insure their timely delivery.
- Ensure that owner-provided items are delivered on time to prevent delay to the project schedule.
- Determine any owner specific milestones that need to be met and establish a detailed understanding of how these milestones are to be met by all of the contractors.
- Monitor and manage the progress of the project for compliance to the project documents and project schedule.
- Acknowledge potential scheduling problems and suggest alternate uses of resources to maintain compliance with project milestones.
- Review and recommend payment of contractor pay applications.
- Monitor the budget and do all that is possible to minimize the number (and financial impact) of contract change orders.
- Review contract change orders for owner’s approval.
- Anticipate potential problems and provide plausible solutions in a timely manner.
- To continue the teamwork created by the owner and design team, a team-partnering meeting will be conducted.
- Establish on-site lines of authority.
- Manage & monitor trade contractors.
- Conduct progress meetings.
- Monitor & update schedule.
- Monitor staffing levels of trade contractors.
- Monitor project costs.
- Monitor use of allowances.
- Monitor safety plans.
- Establish on-site project accounting.
- Coordinate Requests For Information (RFI’s).
- Manage submittal logs.
- Coordinate change orders.
- Review contractor payment applications.
- Inspect work of trade contractors.
- Manage shop drawing process.
- Maintain project records.
- Write monthly progress reports.
- Organize & manage completion of punch list.
- Manage systems start-up.
- Schedule training for staff.
- Organize warranties.
- Furnish manuals and documentation to owner.